The Athens Welcome Center is located in the historic, 1820 Church-Waddel-Brumby House. In 1967, the Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation united citizens to save the house from demolition. Athens’ oldest residence was successfully saved from the wrecking ball and moved to its current location and has served as the city’s Welcome Center since 1972. In 2005, the ACHF began a complete interior restoration to return the House to its Federal style grandeur.
- Check back to see updates and please visit the House to see our exciting progress